Follow my ditzy mummy moments caused by a shrunken brain, not enough sleep and too much juggling.

Pages

Sunday 7 November 2010

In my prime at 38???

Apparently according to Style magazine (Daily Telegraph - my mum gets it) I'm in my prime at the ripe old age of 38. I have to admit I was quite shocked at this news as don't feel in my prime at 5am when baby has woken me up and looking at my tummy. But, thinking about it today I could be in my prime because: 
  • Doing well in my career, could be at the next level but working mums can't have it all, but I do feel now and again I have inspirational moments when I come up with great ideas (most of the time if I get there with right shoes and hair straightened its a miracle). I like my job and never dread going to work.
  • I'm not intimidated by anyone as I'm more confident than I've ever been (maybe if I met Robbie Williams might feel a bit nervous). In my 20s always felt insecure talking to more senior people at work or new people out and about. But now I can more or less go into a room not knowing anyone and do ok chatting about some cr*p or other.
  • My body is a bit droopy in places (3 kids later that's inevitable). But weigh less than in my 20s and fitter as I know my metabolism is slower and have to work harder at the gym & eat better.
  • I think I dress better, I know what works and what doesn't. I can afford a decent hairdresser and colourist so I think my hair looks better than it did. Plus, not much sunbathing (skin burns like mad) and a regular skin routine means I think I look my age rather than older.
  • Then there are my kids, I'm finally done having anymore babies and sleepless nights are sort of over, well let's hope. I'm married to a lovely man and I have my own home.

 So, yes I'm possibly in my prime at 38!

No comments: